Re: [patch] 2.2.10 buffer patch

David Ford (david@kalifornia.com)
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 17:07:29 -0700

Ragnar Hojland Espinosa wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 10:40:07PM +0200, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> > I've never had update die on me to my knowledge.
>
> Well, mine did. Twice. Or that, or it was hiding from /proc real well ;)

i've had the very bad feeling that update has been dying. recently it's been
so bad that i'm considering a crontab script to check every 30 minutes if it
is running and relaunch it if needed. at first i thought i had accidently
killed the wrong pid in the past, but it's happened nearly a dozen times now.

-d

--
 This is Linux Country. On a quiet night, you can hear Windows NT reboot!
  Do you remember how to -think- ? Do you remember how to experiment? Linux