Re: Kernel 2.2.10 and aha2940 problems

Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:01:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Uemit Kusdogan wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed the new kernel (2.2.10) on a running SuSE linux (2.0.36).
> Before I installed the new kernel the system was running correctly with
> AHA-2940U scsi host adapter. But now the following msg appears:
> scsi: o hosts
> scsi: detected total.

You need to make sure your SCSI driver is compiled into your new kernel.
The error message is from the top-level SCSI driver, scsi.c, not
the actual device driver that you need (aic7xxx.c)

aic7xxx.c: "Adaptec AHA-2940A Ultra SCSI host adapter",
/* AIC_7861 */

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.2.6 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).