Re: PROBLEM: Accessing to file system functions inside the kernel

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 06:59:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Grigory Lyahovitsky wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm sorry for repeating question, but I cuoldn't find any information about
> subj... How can I access to some file (suppose config file) from the kernel
> module??? Advice me any manual/doc/faq ... about this... Not a book
> (like The Device Drivers), because I don't think that I can find it in Russia :(

You should not do it. At all. Kernel module is not a process. It has no
context. With some trickery you could work around that, but exporting all
the stuff needed for work with files is not an option. Sorry. If you want
to do it upon the initialization - make the real process feed the data to
module.