Re: Cyrix "coma bug" fix was deleted from pre-2.3.10-4

BOSZORMENYI Zoltan (zboszor@mol.hu)
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 06:38:45 +0100

John Alvord wrote:

> Sorry about the blank message.
>
> I believe there are some file corruption errors observed on some Cyrix
> chip base Linux systems... one theory was that the "coma bug" might be
> triggering the problem... and so the fix was experimentally removed. john

Thanks for the explanation. But I run the same kernel (2.3.9 now) with a
Cyrix 6x86MX/PR200 and I haven't experienced any file corruption.
I got once a very ugly oops when I tried to compile the latest egcs
snapshot (19990629) which I was unable to report since the machine
locked
up hard saying "Aiee, killing interrupt" or something like that.
The heavy IO load may have triggered that.

Regards,
Zoltan