Re: 2.3.10-pre3: imm.c

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:13:20 +0100 (GMT)

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Horst von Brand wrote:

> I have one of the older (ppa) ones, and any attempt to write scribbles
> on the disk (partition table seems to get damaged) and leaves the
> motor of the drive on. Tried 2.2.10ac{7,8}, 2.3.6, 2.2.5-15 (Mandrake
> 6.0 stock kernel). Reading works fine so far. WinNT on the same
> machine works fine, so I doubt the Zip drive is broken.

Does the problem happen with different Zip disks too? What was the last
kernel that it worked under?

> Any ideas?

Not really. It Just Works(tm) here. Most (all?) Zip disks come
pre-partitioned with one large partition, but that partition is number 4
(i.e. /dev/sdd4 or whatever); perhaps you are running into trouble with
that somehow?

Tim.
*/