Re: Oops to floppy patch enhancement

nascheme@ucalgary.ca
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 00:37:18 -0600

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 08:30:39AM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:

[looking for magic bytes on floppy before dumping oops]

> I think this a quite a good idea which could be applied particularly to
> RAW dump (because some people who want FAT prefer not to bother how to
> "cook" the diskette). But this could be included as a compile-time option,
> IMO.

IMHO, if people are submitting bug reports using ksymoops then
they show know how to read raw data off a floppy. ksymoops could
be enhanced to read the oops data off a floppy. Your patch could
write the magic bytes before the oops so that the floppy does not
have to be re-intialized. I don't see the value in writing to a
FAT filesystem. Simple is good.

Neil