Re: we missed something wrt albods

Rik van Riel (riel@nl.linux.org)
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 23:37:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Larry Butler wrote:
> Rik van Riel wrote:
> >
> > What we need is a way to have _both_ possibilities.
>
> So, I see no way that this can be transparent to the user with
> non-albod-aware applications.

It's either non-transparancy _or_ the exclusion of one of
both access methods to non-albod-aware apps.

If we make it non-transparent (maybe with some magic required
from the user), we can at least grant the user the possibility
of accessing the albod as a file _and_ as a directory.

I don't know what you want, but I take flexibility over
newbie-friendlyness every day...

Rik -- Open Source: you deserve to be in control of your data.