Re: Slow UDMA rate on ALI1543

Brian Macy (bmacy@sunshinecomputing.com)
Fri, 02 Jul 1999 14:14:12 -0700

Ummm... 12.65meg/sec is what you are going to get on that drive...
doesn't matter which controller it is on. Why do you see that as slow???
It's the fastest IDE drive I've seen (shoot and it gives the same
performance as the IBM 4gig 7200rpm SCSI U2W... to no surprise since you
are talking drive performance and not controller performance). Also the
ALI support should tune the controller so you don't have to use hdparm
under most circumstances.

Which you can grab the vanderbilt patches for the 2.2.x kernels if you
don't want to go to 2.3.x.

Brian Macy