RE: 2.2.10 oops (buggy Cyrix CPUs)

Trever Adams (trever_Adams@bigfoot.com)
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 23:01:38 -0600

From: Woodhouse Ian <ian.woodhouse@hyder.com>

> On the subject of Cyrix Pxxx+ CPUs and bugs, I note that there are
> twins running around bearing the IBM name rather than Cyrix.
> Rumour suggests that these are more reliable that the Cyrix editions.
>
> I find this odd since I believe many Cyrix's were made at IBM plants.
>
> Does anyone else's experience demonstrate this?

I cannot, nor will I say much on this... but there were some really
screwy parts of the Cyrix contract with IBM. For every wafer They made
for NSC/Cyrix, IBM got to make one for themselves, basically at Cyrix
expense. I also believe these wafers were not entirely indentical in
the way they were fabbed.

Please note, this is going on info I have that is old... and I am not
sure I remember it all. Just rest assured this is entirely possible due
to the situations that were back then.

Trever