RE: 2.2.10 oops (buggy Cyrix CPUs)

Rafael Reilova (rreilova@ececs.uc.edu)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 13:02:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

AFAIK, Cyrixes and IBM 686(MX)'s are exactly the same chip down to the
masks used for the lythographic process. The only difference being the
packaging. This is mostly confirmed by the fact that equivalent
model/stepping chips share the same bugs (ie. comma bug). IBM's also
report "CyrixInstead" as their cpu vendor id.

Cheers,

-Rafael