Re: Hard Drive corruption in 2.2.x

Andre M. Hedrick (hedrick@Astro.Dyer.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 10:09:55 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Trever Adams wrote:

> I have an EPOX MPV3 motherboard, I have not seen this corruption in
> later 2.2.x kernels. There is something I have to say that might help
> answer some of the problems.
>
> I do not know if the patch that changed drive geometry that people were
> still having is present or not. I had a spare machine, not entirely
> like this one, different hard drive, basically the same motherboard and
^^^^^^^^^ Does not quite make the
grade in this kind of test due to the serious nature of the subject
matter. A BIOS revision or chipset step revision is a major variation.

IMHO only FIC, Tyan, and one other vender makes a MVP3 board that is Linux
tested and stable with UDMA...........all others are wanta bees..........

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy