Re: File Corruption Bug.. continued

Thomas Davis (tadavis@lbl.gov)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:21:04 -0700

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> I'll did an & between your list with the things that I don't use
> intensively here, the remaining suspects are:
> o Quota - which has big 2.2.7->2.2.9 changes.
> o The small scsi changes (dubious)
> o TCP changes
> o IRDA
> o NFS

If I may defend IrDA here, I don't think that's it.

I've been using it for months (actually, one of the developers of it),
and I've not seen any corruption of the type discussed.

Now, I'd be inclined to believe the quota fixes.. becuase I don't run
IrDA and quota on the same machines (my laptop, and my home machines.)

BUT, if there's belief there's a problem, let me & dag know, and we'll
dig into it..