Re: 2.3.6: panic: VFS: LRU block list corrupted (fwd)

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 01:22:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Pavel Machek wrote:

>`subj` happened on my machine after doing little tortures. mem=12M,
>bonnies, and without swap. Machine ran RAM out of ramand few processes
>were killed, but I added swap and it seemed ok. However, at shutdown
>time, `subj` appeared and I'm now fscking.

Can you reproduce? If yes then it would be insteresting to know if you can
reproduce on 2.3.7_andrea1 as well (that has the new page cache btw). I
tested it hard also memory hog that goes out of memory on 2.3.7 (but not
with mem=12m :). No one problem so far. I have to think a bit about the
security issue I noticed in Ingo's patch though, but after all that is a
secondary issue.

Andrea Arcangeli