Re: Why khttpd is a bad idea (was a pointless argument about

Jes Sorensen (Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch)
21 Jun 1999 09:40:35 +0200

Dan> On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Zach Brown wrote:
>> what happens when we look up and openldap is slow as reported by MS
>> benchmarks? INN? sendmail/qmail/postfix? the solution is to
>> update the userland daemons to use 'modern' apis and methodologies
>> and such, not to punt and put the protocol in the kernel. The
>> former is what apache 2.0 will do, I hope.

Dan> So where do you draw the line between userspace nfsd and
Dan> kernelspace knfsd? How is this any different from khttpd?

I already mentioned this but you didn't care to look obviously, Olaf
Kirch did a paper on knfsd.

ttp://www.tux.org/pub/net/olaf-kirch/expo97-paper.tar.gz it's a LaTeX
file, I didn't find a PostScript version of it. Though I am almost
sure I've seen it around somewhere.

Jes