Re: [alsa-devel] New scheduling latencies during audio playing +

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:35:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

>How about defining a maximum number of swap pages to write to disk at
>a time? Does kernel really have to wait for the disk operation to complete?

We just have such limit for the swap and it's set to 32 pages if I remeber
well. In the normal write to disk (via filesystem) case instead the limit
is forced to the 42 requests slot shared by all block-writes operations.
That make sense but it become an overkill for reads if we are writing
continously to disk.

Andrea Arcangeli