Re: NFS: can't silly-delete anubis.nooft.abb.no/.nfs00c87b6f00000005,

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 07:47:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Martin Andersen wrote:

> Another issue; the knfsd package in the kernel seems to be unable to
> export filesystems to SGI IRIX (6.5.0) workstations. I get an error in the
> syslog (on the nfs server) stating
>
> kernel: svc: unknown version (3)

You need to use HJ Lu's latest-and-greatest knfsd utilities to setup the
export. You are interested in the rpc.mountd option '--no-nfs-version 3'.
For reasons unknown, the base mountd code advertises NFS v3 services when
they are not actually implemented.

I ran into this problem originally when trying to export a mount to my
ancient DECStation R3000. My solution was to comment out the offending
code, but HJ was kind enough to turn the bug report into a configurable
feature.

Steve