Re: PROBLEM: Losing network connectivity with 2.2.10

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:53:25 +1000

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:37:09 -0400 (EDT),
Brian Leeper <qaz@eni.net> wrote:
>System loses all network connectivity
>Running ifconfig shows the number of dropped TX
>packets increasing--it looks like it's dropping all the transmitted
>packets.

First, run tulip with debug 2. If it is a module, insmod tulip debug=2.
If builtin, compile with -DTULIP_DEBUG=2.

When it hangs, what does the tulip-diag program report? Run as
tulip-diag -fame -p 0xb800.
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/diag/tulip-diag.c.

Instead of ifconfig down/up, does
ifconfig eth0 promisc
ifconfig eth0 -promisc
fix the problem? If so, I probably have a fix for you.