Re: pre-patch-2.2.8-series candidate, TESTERS NEEDED...

Andre M. Hedrick (hedrick@Astro.Dyer.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Fri, 7 May 1999 20:24:46 -0500 (CDT)

Apologies to all,

Nashville, TN got the tail end of the stuff that clobbered the Mid-West
part of the States. My facility has been without power for two days.
Thus mail and web access to the patches was out of service also.

There will be a "foxtrot" version of the patch shortly.
See next message........

On Sat, 8 May 1999, Guest section DW wrote:

> > this 0x3fff*15*63 bogosity
>
> Quite a number of disks turn out to pick this geometry,
> It is easily handled by replacing
> heads == 16
> by
> (heads == 15 || heads == 16)
> in this test for geometry 16383/16/63.

Will duplicate the 16383/16/63 LBA test with a 16383/15/63 since the
sector count will be different.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy

Candidate for pre-patch-2.2.8-1