Re: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)

Janardhanan Radhakrishnan (jana@cisco.com)
Fri, 07 May 1999 03:30:45 +0530

Alan,
That's quite right. When I said ugly code I wasn't mentioning
about the format of the code or its readability aspect. I was talking
from theprogramming aspect. Lot's and lot's of code will look pretty
goodwhen the code is simple but begins to break when it grows in
complexity.

There is no good universal document which can tell you where to
use which storage classes and which tells you about good and elegant
code constructs which will make debugging an enjoyable proposition.
I was just mentioning that.

Thanks
Jana