SCSI targer mode driver (Re: Ken Thompson interview)

OhkumaTadayoshi (m2n@tengelle.kuma.taito.tokyo.jp)
Wed, 5 May 1999 11:21:11 +0900

It's a bit off topic ...

Alan wrote:
> The SCSI midlayer is the most obvious one. The Sangoma drivers could do
> with a diet, the floppy driver seems to be horribly bloated for what is does -

I am thinking to write a SCSI target mode code (not initiator)
for some company under GPL, and looked at SCSI layer design.

Old Linux Hackers Guide (v0.6) and SCSI Programmer's guide helped me,
but it looks hard to fit a target mode code into current SCSI layer.

Does anyone know an expample to support SCSI target mode in Linux?
Or is there any attempt to do that? (like CAM under FreeBSD)

Regards.

--
Tadayoshi Ohkuma
kuma@tengelle.kuma.taito.tokyo.jp