Re: [OT] SB Live! drivers released for Linux

Roeland Th. Jansen (roel@grobbebol.xs4all.nl)
Tue, 4 May 1999 21:44:53 +0000

On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 09:22:42PM -0400, phazer wrote:
> Binary drivers are almost guarenteed not to work from release to
> release (Linus has said so). Your hardware is likely not to work at
> all with modern software a few years from now, and force you to wait
> for Creative to update their drivers each time a new kernel comes out
> today.

at least they _do_ suppport linux. better binary than nothing.
I think that telling people to stay away is not a reward for the work SB
did.

--
Grobbebol's Home                 |      Don't give in to spammers.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengel     |     Use your real e-mail address