Re: 2.2.7, Siemens Primergy and boot freezing

Michael Hasenstein (mha@suse.de)
Tue, 4 May 1999 17:00:31 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Marco Bizzarri wrote:

> We are trying to install the 2.2.7 on a Siemens Primergy 870
> edition.
>
> The problem is at the boot, since the system actually does
> not boot at all... the only message is "Uncompressing the
> kernel... Ok now booting linux"
>
> However, with a non SMP 2.0.36 kernel, the system boots and
> performs very well.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.

Get lilo-21 and recompile it. Read the Makefile: you have to set
-DLARGE_EBDA. Very simple, see the Makefile. And don't just install the
new binary (lilo), you also need /boot/boot.b & co.

--
Michael Hasenstein
http://www.csn.tu-chemnitz.de/~mha/