Re: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)

Robert Minichino (linuxkrn@pasture.net)
Tue, 4 May 1999 10:07:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Mark Lord wrote:
> Wojtek Pilorz wrote:
> > So my understanding is that his opinions are based on reading Linux source
> > code, rather than looking at any badly configured Linux system.
>
> And from that a comparism is drawn against WinNT,
> for which he has not been able to read any source code.. ?!?!?!

Of course, software is always scarier when you see the source. From the
source, I see that Linux sucks, but I also see that it Sucks Less. Point
me to the perfect OS. (Expecting to get mail from FreeBSD advocates) It's
nice having the ability to make Linux approach that goal, which is why
it's so great.

--
Robert Minichino
Chief Engineer