Re: K7 SMP

Kurt Garloff (K.Garloff@ping.de)
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 22:12:38 +0200

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

On Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 12:40:15PM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> the above source file seems to infer that interrupts are always
> delivered to cpu#0. perhaps this is just for initialisation purposes,
> i don't know.

There's more to do than IRQ handling ...
Remember the old days of 2.0, where we didn't support the IO-APIC on the
ix86 to distribute the IRQs. Still, processes could run in parallel ...

--=20
Dipl.Phys. Kurt Garloff <kurt@garloff.de> [Wuppertal, FRG]
Garloff Linux System Development [Linux-ix86,-axp, DUX]
Plasma physics, high perf. computing [Linux SCSI driver: DC390]
PGP key: see mailheader / key servers =20

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c--