RE: 64bit port

Raj, Ashok (ashok.raj@intel.com)
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 12:10:01 -0700

This is what i was looking for. So does this mean, if i have a 32bit linux
application, would it work in the 64bit linux alpha environment?

so if this is allowed (mixing 32bit apps with 64bit kernel), the kernel
should
know somehow that this is from a 32bit land, and convert args properly
64bitize
for internal kernel use and then put them back to 32bit compatible
quantities as the application expects before returning.

for eg: solaris has these ddi functions ddi_mmap_get_model() that finds the
datatype
model what the current thread is expecting? any such functions in linux for
the 64bit
compaibility with 32bit world?

ashokr