Re: 64bit port

John Goerzen (jgoerzen@complete.org)
30 Apr 1999 12:34:14 -0500

It exists, and runs, and has since 1.3.x or so, I believe. In any
case, I've been running 64-bit Debian Linux on my Alpha since the late
2.0.x kernel series.

There are no 32-bit binaries in 64-bit Alpha-Linux, excepting the
Intel binaries that run under em86, in which case, there is a special
kernel driver and associated userland tools for them.

-- John

John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |