Re: load linux from linux??

Frank Bernard (frankb@ipf.de)
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 06:35:15 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Steffen, (Moin, Moin),

read initrd.txt and ramdisk.txt in the Documentation section of the
kernel. It's already been done, like so many times with Linux.
I've done a initrd, which loads as one variant of installation the
software into several ramdisks. The secret is real-root-dev in the /proc
section. You can mail/phone me directly if I can help you.
I can pass you a boot diskette of LinuxWall directly, too.
Instead of scanning you can and should do the process semi-automagically,
like the most distributors do.

Regards

Frank

Dipl.-Inform. Frank Bernard phone : +49 69 477169
Ellerstr. 11 fax : +49 69 47885616
60389 Frankfurt handy : +49 179 6900088
Germany email : frankb@ipf.de
www : http://www.linux-firewall.de