Re: USB script

Bradley M Keryan (keryan@andrew.cmu.edu)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:45:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

> That is almost what I initially thought:
> UPID=`ps -C uhci-control -o pid=`
> (if all column heads are empty, no header line is printed)
>
> It isn't perfect though. There is currently no way to exclude
> processes that non-root users are running.

Sigh. If a non-root user has a process called uhci-control, then they
deserve to have it die when the sysadmin kills USB :)

If we keep the USB killer script (which is just for debugging anyway) we
might as well kill khubd too; however, we can have the hub driver
disconnect() routine do it instead.

Brad