Re: How to make Linux scale up WRT bandwidth and size?

Albert D. Cahalan (acahalan@cs.uml.edu)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:47:48 -0400 (EDT)

Matti Aarnio writes:

> If you want to exceed 2G at your 32-bit system, you may want to try
> my 'Large File Summit' patches for the Linux:
> ftp://mea.tmt.tele.fi/linux/LFS/
>
> However that is not yet fully aligned with glibc 2.1.(1)'s ideas about
> stat64(). I try to do that before the upcoming Linux Expo.

I'm almost afraid to ask... what API are the library developers dictating
to the kernel developers this time? What data sizes are used?

(and why are library developers determining the kernel API anyway?)