Re: [svlug] Re: [SOLVED] fast EtherChannel support?

Thomas Davis (tadavis@jps.net)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 17:32:03 -0700

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, George Bonser wrote:
>On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, David Miller wrote:
>
>> None known. Sun provides something similar with their quad fast
>> ethernet cards (the cards we do support under Linux), but they call it
>> "trunking", I do not know if there is any similarity between the Cisco
>> mechanism and what Sun does.
>>
>> It sounds like a scheme for which limited or no specifications are
>> available publicly.
>
>It looks like the beowulf channel bonding stuff will work. More info here.
>
>http://www.beowulf.org/listarchives/beowulf/1999/03/0366.html

I'll make it easy - I've sent a patch to Alan for this.

It's up to him to include it in the next ac kernel

Please note - the original work was done by Donald Becker!

You will still need to the ifslave program.

The patch I sent works great with Cisco EtherChannels.