Re: NFS hangs under 2.2.6

Christoph Lameter (christoph@lameter.com)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:05:36 -0700 (PDT)

I looked through the nfs client sources and from what I can remember of
the console output it is the loop in linux/fs/nfs/inode.c function
nfs_read_inode that is endlessly looping.

This is happening to our most important box on campus so we are no too
eager to try it again. That box is now running its backup via remote tar.

It happens on every backup attempt via NFS. Next time I have some downtime
on the box I will try again and might be able to give you more details.

The goto loop in nfs_read_inode seems not to have a very clean exit
condition. Should it not fail completely after a couple of retries?