Re: [Linux-Perf] Re: [big performances boost for DataBases] Re:

Steve Willer (willer@interlog.com)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 22:21:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> If you want I can still produce a standalone page-cache-per-inode rb-tree
> patch, but the only difference between the version just benchmarked by
> Chuck and my current RB-tree code is that now I inlined everything (maybe
> it will be a bit worse or a bit better but not a big issue also
> considering that it's common code...).

I would definitely appreciate a standalone patch. It's always best to
eliminate as many variables as possible when performance testing, and I
would frankly trust a smaller patch more. No offense, but the fewer
changes, the fewer likely introduced bugs.