Re: 2.2.6_andrea2.bz2

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:38:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, George Bonser wrote:

>I just build your andrea3 on a low memory machine, it will not work well.

I know. As first due an e2fs bug. There's also some other performance
issue in some not normal condition (i.e. cp /dev/zero /tmp/zero) due
too heavy try_to_free_buffers() writeahead loop (probably this is present
in 2.2.6_andrea2 as well though).

>Launched Netscape, clicked a link that opened up a second browser window,
>segfault, kernel oops.

This made me to think that you did something wrong. Here is definitely
stable from an Oops point of view. You can show me your .config though.

Andrea Arcangeli