Re: audio fs emulation

Senko Rasic (ptolomei@fly.cc.fer.hr)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:07:05 +0200

Hi Riley.

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 10:39:01AM +0100, you wrote:
> Alternatively, set up the isofs code so if it finds any audio tracks
> on the CD and /proc/filesystems includes audiofs, it adds a virtual
> directory called audio to the root directory of the CD with a file
> entry for each audio track found, and does a hidden loopback mount via
> audiofs as required...

Well..that would look nice...but...isofs can't handle audio tracks
(cd driver doesn't support bread on audio tracks, it must be done
through ioctl)...so you can't mount audiofs via loopback on top of
isofs, but probably it's possible to mount isofs on top of audiofs...
or (as I mentioned before), completely redesign isofs code...

alternatively, you could mount isofs, and then use
cd rippers/players to access audio tracks, the way it is
used (until) now...

btw. a little offtopic question...has anyone seen multisession
audio CDs ? does that exist? (i haven't seen any so audiofs
cannot read mulstisession CDs...)

--
|_|  \__\___/_\___/_|_|_\___|_|  Web: http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~ptolomei/