Re: sync problem in 2.2.5

Andre.Couture (acouture@search-n-find.com)
21 Apr 1999 03:05:20 -0700

Congratulation!

So far so good, I've renabled quota after recompiling with your patch and it seem to work.

I've tested my case senario and NO PROBLEM!

If nothing else append I hope it will be merged to 2.2.7!

Thanks All for your Efficiency!
Andre

On Tue, 20 April 1999, Jan Kara wrote:

> Hello.
>

> > Worked!!!
>

> > All I did is to remove the /quota* files and then quotaoff -a
>

> > No more problems... so far
>

> > I have tryied what normally locks up systematicaly the sync command.
>
> > While heavy Disk IO doing a sync and no more problems.
>

> > So I really, so far, suspect problems in the quota code in the kernel.
>

> > Can somebody verify that and confirm my problem?
>
> I've written a patch for quotas which should fix various races and
>
> also maybe your problem. I'd be delighted if you can try it and send me
>
> results.
>

> Thanks Honza.
>

> PS: patch against 2.2.6 is attached (I haven't tried to compile it with 2.2.6
>
> yet but I already have one content user of this patch with this kernel ;-)).

Andre Couture
PCDOCS/Fulcrum S.A. - Europe

Office: +33(1)46.29.07.40
GSM Europe: +33(6)07.04.35.65
FAX/Voicemail Europe: +33(1) 53.01.29.63
FAX/Voicemail Canada: +1(514) 221-2261