Re: Linux Tuning

Aaron T Porter (atporter@entropy.muc.muohio.edu)
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 00:31:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999 teamwork@freemail.c3.hu wrote:

> So, to the Linux community:
>
> Do you think is there a need to make the
> gathering of Linux fine-tuning tips an easier
> task for the novice end-user?
>
> If the answer is "Yes!", then, how best would the approach be?

I have obtained some webhosting space, and I'm beginning to
contact some of the more knowledgable and prominent Linux
personalities to put together a comprehensive Linux Performance
Tuning website. Some of the topics I'm going to (with lots of
help!) address are Databases, Apache, Samba, Filesystems, SMP
issues as well as any odd platform specific issues that arrise.
If anyone reading this has something they'd like to contribute (at
almost any level of sophistication -- ie config file help to
kernel patches), please mail them to me. As soon as the internic
handles my domain transfer, I'll post a URL.