Re: Large number of partitions on 2.0.36

Michael Marxmeier (mike@msede.com)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 03:17:07 +0200

Hello David.

David Lang wrote:
> I am working with an external raid array (looks to the system like a
> single drive) and am stuck using the 2.0.36 kernel as informix will not
> function with the 2.2 kernels. The raid is 52G and I need to split it into
> 2G partitions for use with informix. The stock setup (on both redhat and
> slackware) only allows for 15 partitions on a SCSI device. If I were using
> the 2.2 series I would try devfs, but what options do I have for the 2.0
> series?

You may want to try out LVM. It supports up to 256 partitions in
one or more volume groups.
More information is available at http://linux.msede.com/lvm/

Current version is 0.6.
Please apply the additional patch lvm_0.6-patch-15031999a.gz.

Hope this helps
Michael

--
Michael Marxmeier           Marxmeier Software GmbH
E-Mail: mike@msede.com      Besenbruchstrasse 9