Re: 2.0 a lot better than 2.2 on high-latency links.

Chris Wedgwood (cw@ix.net.nz)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:07:30 +1200

On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 01:44:36AM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:07:03 +0200 (MEST)
> From: R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl (Rogier Wolff)
>
> A friend told me "window scaling" would help a lot, but as far as
> I can see, it is already turned on,
>
> It is ok by default, but the default send/recv buffer max/default
> settings prevent it from being utilized since the limits are within
> what non-window scaling allows.

Whilsts is no big deal to up these at boot time, would it make sense
to have higher values for machines with gobs more ram? Presumably a
machine with 256MB+ of ram isn't really going to be bothered by
upping these limits from 32K to something like 128K?

-cw