Re: [none]

Aaron Tiensivu (tiensivu@pilot.msu.edu)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:36:19 -0400

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 06:34:21AM -0700, rich-paul@rich-paul.net wrote:
> Is it possible/advisable to copy a .config to a new kernel version?
> It would be nice to be able to reuse the data, but I dont' want any
> funky interactions, and don't know how the script reacts to changes.

I have a habit of copying .config to /etc, and if I jump to another tree,
I just "cp /etc/.config ." and do a "make oldconfig" since my kernel options
don't change that much. /etc was chosen by me but just about any directory
will do.

My big box compiles all the kernels for my small boxes so I do a (on each
one individually, not duplicating all config files on all machines):

'cp .config /etc/.config.tristessa',
'cp .config /etc/.config.lucretia',
'cp .config /etc/.config.multiameal',
'cp .config /etc/.config.glynis',
'cp .config /etc/.config.magnolia'

Works well with each compiling over nfs.

--
Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer