Re: 2.0 a lot better than 2.2 on high-latency links.

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:00:31 +0200 (MEST)

Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 11:56:44PM +0200, Rogier Wolff wrote:
>
> > I've upgraded the machine to 2.2.5 now, and the behaviour is a
> > teeny bit better: just under 3 minutes for the transfer that used
> > to take just over three minutes....
>
> and 2.0.36 takes <90 seconds?

Tested from 2.0.33 . I'm sorry, the "from" machines are production
machines behind a firewall, so the drive to upgrade comes from a
desire for features, not from "a remote DOS attack has been found".

Yes, 2.0.33 takes less than 90 seconds. (wether 2.0.36 is the same,
remains to be seen, but at least we know that we can do a lot better
than what 2.2 seems to do.)

Roger.

------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------