Re: Please!! Help me to help us to use WinModems in Linux

Pavel Machek (pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:13:18 +0200

Hi!

> I have been trying to make these work in linux and have been reading all of
> the topics from several mailing lists with very little help until I found
> someone saying that this modem was all software driven (duh I knew that) and
> that the drivers were somekind of seceret (did not know that can't even see
> how, sence i found them?) and that they were not available. Well as of now i
> have the technology (drivers source code) to make the drivers required to
> run my modem. I can recreate the drivers for windozs make new ones for DOS
> (also not "supported" by the vendor) but i have no ability to program in
> Linux and don't even know where to start. The drivers would need to do 3
> major things

You may want to take a look at http://www.linmodems.org/, there are
people willing to help with this kind of code.

You did not write too clearly what you need. Take a look at
drivers/char/serial.c how serial port is programmed -- that is if you
want to emulate serial modem...

Pavel

--
The best software in life is free (not shareware)!		Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+