RE: 2.2.x kernels missend odd-sized ICMP packets

Gregory Maxwell (linker@z.ml.org)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 07:54:38 -0400 (EDT)

Can you all *PLEASE* report what cpu you have with these problems as well
as your compiler and what cpu you selected in kernel compliation?

It appears to be a checksumming problem, and Linux has asm optimizations
for packet checksumming, so perhaps there is a bug in one of the
checksumming routienes.. Davem?

FYI-

PPRO 2.2.3 compiled w/ GCC with PPRO as kernel cpu type: OK
CELERON 300A 2.2.5 compiled w/ GCC with PPRO as kernel CPU type: OK