Re: Moving & Extending Linux partitions.

Matthew Kirkwood (weejock@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:36:00 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Alex Buell wrote:

[..]
> As you can see, it's a problem[1] =) It is now apparent to me that the
> answer to the problem is an utility that can be booted off a floppy (maybe
> contains a Linux kernel & an init that loads the utility). This utility
> could then allow the user to do:
>
> 1) Moving partitions
> 2) Resizing partitions

> And that's it. Has anyone got plans to implement such a utility in the
> near future?

Yep. Ted T'so did it and it's currently part of Partition Magic 4(?).
Apparently the same code is due to be released as resize2fs in a few
(6-9, IIRC) months' time.

Matthew.