Re: [OFF TOPIC] Virtualizing x86 Hardware

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:26:47 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999 kernel@draper.net wrote:

> Too good to be true, snake oil me thinks. Yet, VA Research and Red
> Hat CEOs are offering testimonials. Aeyeee...whiplash.

It works. I have successfully run NT 4.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, MSDOS
6.22 under VMware on Linux. Good enough for me. No more pesky partitions.

Downside is their beta binaries are still in beta. But I know the finished
product will be a killer app.

Cheers,
Alex

--
"Bullshit. It's a cesspool, and has been for a long time. RMS chucked
another turd in our midst and his sheep drop their daks and follow suit."