Re: SCSI problem with 2.2.3

Andi Kleen (ak@muc.de)
05 Apr 1999 16:24:12 +0200

avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au (Darren Reed) writes:

> Can I "wire down" sdb to be the 9GB HDD in the kernel config or tell linux
> to make the ZIP drive something other than sdb ? (If I can't wired down
> SCSI addresses to specific drive names then I'd suggest someone take that
> on as a project for the future - the BSDs have it, allowing much more
> freedom in adding/removing SCSI devices from a chain). If I need to edit
> some table in a kernel .c file, please point the way.

One way to fix it is to use Eric Youngdale's scsidev utility from
tsx-11.mit.edu. It scans the SCSI bus and generates a /dev/scsi
directory with SYSV style devicenames, containing LUN, ID etc.
Then you can use that directly in /etc/fstab.

It may need some minor massaging though to compile and run on a
2.2 kernel.

-Andi

--
This is like TV. I don't like TV.