Re:partition table rereading

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@aivazian.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 09:40:24 +0100 (BST)

Yes, sorry to confuse you Andries.

I was about to reply to myself referring to precisely those two
lines as "Brain Fart" (see, I learned something from David Miller ;).

Here is corrected version:

fdisk has written something and sync()-ed.
then BLKRRPART ioctl returned EBUSY. (in 2.0.x and 2.2.x)
then re-reading partition table running fdisk agains shows the partition
table has changed. But running mkswap on one of the old partitions (which
according to fdisk does not exist anymore) succeeds. However, rebooting
and trying to swapon on this newly made partition fails with "Operation
not supported by device".

Regards,
Tigran.