Re: [q] no line info for __init functions?

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@aivazian.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 12:08:46 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Kev wrote:
> the 'why' is "Because they aren't there anymore." The 'how to
> avoid' is to remove the declarations.
No, I don't think so. I think it *is* a bug. The fact that memory was
freed is irrelevant - I don't tell gdb anything about current state of
memory - I only give it "file vmlinux" which was compiled by gcc with
-g. The question is - how to workaround this, while we use gcc(1). I.e. if
I use egcs it works fine, i.e. all debug info is generated for *.init*
sections as well. (But I don't want to use egcs because it has other minor
issues which are revealed when you use /proc/kcore_elf instead of
/proc/kcore (more on this later when it is all ready)).

So, the question still remains - how to ensure that debug information is
generated even for the entries that fall into *.init* sections?

Regards,
Tigran.