Re: PnP for Linux

Dag Wieers (dag@life.be)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 02:17:38 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Rayson Ho wrote:
> I think we can modify the Linux Kernel boot sequence:
> -- so that we can save one reboot!
> 1)Linux Kernel boots
> 2)Init runs
> 3)an rc script reads the hardware info (registry for Linux?)
> 4)the script runs a program to config the PnP devices
> 5)the script loads the modules for the PnP devices
> 6)normal startup sequence...
>
> ** By 'script' I mean the script + the necessary programs.
isn't that what we all already are doing ? ;)

you only have to reboot for plugging the hardware in or running a new
kernel. and maybe that last step will be obsolete too in the future ?

--
dag wieers, <dag@life.be>, http://dag.life.be/  _| _  _
for life is quite absurd,                      (_|(_|(_|