Re: sleeping while holding a rwspinlock?

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@aivazian.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 11:35:41 +0000 (GMT)

I understand that the answer is No. (first from the Schimmel's book and
then from Andi's email).

Well, it turns out that for read_maps() it does not really matter as it
tries to get a GFP_KERNEL page *before* getting the lock so we never sleep
holding a lock.

Therefore, I shall redo my previous fs/proc/array.c
"tasklist_lock FIXMEs fixed" patch with one major
difference - this time I *know* exactly what I am doing :)

Regards,
Tigran.