Re: Kernelupgrade / Re: Too many open files error

Dietmar Stein (dstein2203@t-online.de)
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 19:59:47 +0100

Hi Alan,

thank you for your help! Sometimes I am so close to the
solution I just can't see it.
Excuse me, I better have read the help and documentation
before... But I am very happy, the upgraded 2.2.0
(up to .3) works, so that I can use it for my SMP-machines
at work to get (I hope) more performance at database-tasks.

Another question. I followed the "NFS-bug-dicussion" Ramon
started and I think they are talking about a problem
related to SUN-machines. Am I right? Or is there a problem
with Intel-based machines, too?
(I remember such a problem with our HP-machines at work)

Greetings, Dietmar